Our Medical Care Services
Our services include:
• Family Medicine
• Acute & Chronic Illnesses
• Women’s Health
• Family Planning
• Class A and Class D Pharmacy
• Immunizations & Physicals
• In-house Labs & X-ray
• Care Coordination and Specialty Care Referrals
• Preventive care screenings
• Screening for Depression and other behavioral health issues
• Health and Nutrition Education
• Remote Patient Monitoring
• In person and virtual visits available
Laboratory and X-ray Services
Common Lab Tests include:
• Complete Blood Count. This test, also known as a CBC, is the most common blood test performed.
• Prothrombin Time. Also known as PT and Pro Time, this test measures how long it takes blood to clot.
• Basic Metabolic Panel
• Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
• Lipid Panel
• Liver Panel
• Thyroid Stimulating Hormone
• Hemoglobin A1C
CHDI provides on-site X-ray services at its medical site in Uvalde and partners with Uvalde Memorial Hospital for additional diagnostic imaging. X-rays are used to diagnose or treat patients by recording images of the internal structure of the body to assess the presence or absence of disease, foreign objects, and structural damage or anomaly. During a radiographic procedure, an x-ray beam is passed through the body. X-rays available on-site include but are not limited to:
• Upper extremities: Hand, wrist, elbow
• Lower extremities: foot, ankles, knee, leg
• Chest (lungs)
CHDI provides Pharmacy services at its three medical sites. The Uvalde site operates a Class A Pharmacy while the Leakey and Camp Wood sites operate Class D Pharmacies. All of our pharmacies offer highly affordable high-quality medications to our patients. Providing access to affordable medications is one of the ways we help our patients improve their health. CHDI’s Pharmacies support the work of medical, dental, and mental health clinicians as well as our programs, such as the Family Planning Program and Healthy Texas Women.
Our Uvalde Pharmacy has an easy to use refill line (830-900-7900).
The CHDI Family Planning program offers a variety of medical, educational and counseling services to men and women in a sensitive, comfortable and confidential setting, including:
• Comprehensive reproductive health assessments for males and females encompassing past medical history and physical examination
• Routine and problem-related medical follow-up visits and contraceptive supply visits
• Pap smears, urine testing for sexually transmitted diseases, HIV testing, plus screenings for anemia and diabetes
• Treatment of STDs and common genital infections
As a part of our disease prevention efforts, CHDI is actively involved in increasing access to vital services, such as Covid-19, flu and pneumonia vaccines. Prevention of Covid-19, flu and pneumonia is especially important for the elderly, individuals with chronic illnesses (diabetes, asthma, heart issues, etc.) and health care professionals. To increase access to these needed services, CHDI regularly schedules Covid-19, flu and pneumonia vaccination events in partnership with area agencies and businesses to ensure maximum vaccination rates in our service area.
If your organization or business is interested in scheduling an on-site vaccination event, please contact our Immunization Coordinator at (830) 278-7105.
Thinking of Becoming Pregnant?
Don’t have insurance?
Sliding Fee Discount
CHDI offers patients whose family income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines a Sliding Fee Discount based on family income and family size. In accordance with Federal regulations, proof of income must be provided. In order to determine eligibility, patients must provide CHDI the following:
• The last four payroll check stubs or, if self-employed, the most current tax return.
• Proof of residence address such as a utility bill (no P. O. Box).
• Insurance card, if available, for private insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, MQMB or QMB.
• Driver’s license or official ID card.
• Nominal fee of $18 for Medical, $20 for Mental/ Behavioral Health and $30 for Dental.
In addition, other programs are available for prescription drugs, eye exams and glasses. Please contact our health center for more information. Payment is expected at time of service but you will not be denied services due to inability to pay.
Dr. David A. Valdez, M.D.
Chief Medical Officer - Our Health
Dr. Stacey Saunders, M.D.
Family Medicine - Our Health
Ms. Sandra Castanon
PA-C - Rolling Hills Health
Mariann “Mickey” Craddock
FNP-BC - Our Health
Ms. Sherryl Dunlap
FNP-BC - Canyon Health Center
Mr. John Perez
PA-C - Our Health
Mr. Roland Perez
PA-C - Our Health
Ms. Katherine Smith
PA-C - Our Health
4 Tips For Keeping Your Heart Healthy
What our patients are saying about us
Ready to Make an Appointment?
Become a patient or schedule an appointment.